Tuesday, December 14, 2010

The Truth Behind My Sons

Luk Aeron: Light, Enlighted: to sing

Logan Nathanael: Little Hollow, Gift of God

These are my precious boys. Luk is showing his "sad" face for having to wear his eye patch. Logan is practicing his temper tantrums at just 14 months. These are the beautiful moments that show their sinful nature. Disobedience, grumbling and complaining, and selfish behavior... I think about how I look like these pictures. Sure, it is not in my appearance, but in my mood or thoughts.
I am grateful for the mercy of God, and I pray that he will make me a woman of grace as I battle seeing the sinful nature in myself, my husband, and my sons. It is so easy to find fault in others and not look at yourself, but it is also easy to do the opposite and find fault in yourself and not in others. It is that spiritual wisdom that is talked about in the book of James.

James 3:13-18 Two Kinds of Wisdom
 13 Who is wise and understanding among you? Let them show it by their good life, by deeds done in the humility that comes from wisdom. 14 But if you harbor bitter envy and selfish ambition in your hearts, do not boast about it or deny the truth. 15 Such “wisdom” does not come down from heaven but is earthly, unspiritual, demonic. 16 For where you have envy and selfish ambition, there you find disorder and every evil practice.  17 But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure; then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere. 18 Peacemakers who sow in peace reap a harvest of righteousness.

My boys they are precious, but they have characteristics of both Reson and me. Sure for a parent it is wonderful to see two beings having likeliness of their parents, however we are sinners and so comes the likeliness of our horrendous sin.  I will try to write a post about their positive traits, but for now a mom has to look at her boys for what they are: gifts of God that I pray God will reveal Himself to them because if not they will surely die for the sins they comment and live eternity in Hell. I thank God for His revelation in me because with that I will share His good news and life for the generations to come as he says to do in the book of Deuteronomy.

Deuteronomy 11:1-2
1 "You shall therefore love the LORD your God and keep his charge, his statutes, his rules, and his commandments always. 2And consider today (since I am not speaking to your children who have not known or seen it)  

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

J'ai appris des choses interessantes grace a vous, et vous m'avez aide a resoudre un probleme, merci.

- Daniel