Wednesday, April 27, 2011

The Aroma of Christ

Do you smell that? It's a very distinct scent. I breathe it in, and right away I know that I can sit and relax.

The conversations are usually lite, and no need to get deep... or is there a need?

Yes, I'm sitting in the salon cutting my hair off. I return to get some color.

It was in that second visit that I was told something that upset me.  "I would have never thought you to be the person you are. You seemed to be someone that would be caught dancing on tables, but after getting to know you, you really love God." (Paraphrasing for memory sake)

Do get me wrong would that have upset me a year ago, or even nine months ago? I'll be honest, probably not. At least after getting to know me she knew what I stood for... right?

For most, this would be a compliment because after discussion I have a stance, but what about the times that discussion isn't an option?

What is your aroma?

I want to be drowned in HIS smell. I want my very presence to pour out HIS goodness. I want HIS glory to shine through my being. I am not there, but each day grows with me soaking in HIS truth into my brokenness.

You see it is not enough to just have someone know who you are after a talk, but that the moment you walk into a place it is sensed that you are different. Even if they can't put their finger on that, they KNOW she has something I want.

How do I get it?

What is it?



Examine your aroma.


The opening of your eyes to see yourself with accuracy is 
one of the long-term projects of transforming grace.
-Paul Tripp
What do you see? 
What do you smell?
I pray that this long-term project creates a woman after God's own image.  As Paul wrote to the believers in Thessalonica, 
23Now may the God of peace himself sanctify you completely, and may your whole spirit and soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. 24 He who calls you is faithful; he will surely do it. 
Lord, sanctify my being that I may be completely whole. May I be faithful and blameless. Build me up so that my aroma surrounds those around me that they know I live only for YOU.   

A sign you're growing in grace: You're learning to invest your vapor-like existence in things that will last forever.
-Scotty Smith
 

No comments: