Friday, April 22, 2011

It's not just any other day

"The cross is not a mere event in history; it's a way of life! Take up your cross DAILY, Jesus said!"
"Betrayed by Judas, denied by Peter, abandoned by the eleven, forsaken by God. Darkness, you get one hour. Then you die." 
-John Piper
The cross, this beautiful woven story, and the only thing I can compare it to is the way God has woven us in our mother's wombs to be in HIS image. I can't escape that truth. 
HIS image.
HIS story.
 HIS truth.
 I sit in awe. I am broken. I am a broken SINNER THAT DESERVES HELL!!! I have so many emotions today! I WANT TO SCREAM!!! I AM SO FULL OF FRUSTRATION!!! 
People's lives that are separated from God's ignoring this day. CHRISTIANS NOT HOLDING IT SACRED IN THEIR HEARTS! People skipping work, school, or whatever and just doing nothing, but have another day off. ARGH!!! 
Everyday that I don't spend time in the word, every sinful thought in mind, and every time I think I know what's best for my life... I am disgusted with myself.
sad... 
lower than scum... 
I deserve hell.
So, I sit here in tears, speechless... ask why? Teach my boys that today, oh it's not just any other day, but it's the day that innocent blood was shed, a cross was raised, and soon a tomb that was once filled will be vacant. 
The tomb
As I teach them, they teach me. A cave of brown and green, no. As Luk sees it as a rainbow for God's promise to Noah and us and a red door because "Jesus was bleeding on the cross."  Show it, see it, let it engulf you. To have the child-like mind is to see the beauty in it.
 Our Jesus
As I take out the white, no. As I take out the purple, no. Yellow! Luk shares, "Jesus is the light!" Speechless... the beauty of his mind, his understanding.


The Scene

Purple: Mary Magdelene
Pink: Mary, his mother
Blue: disciple
Orange: disciple
Green: Roman Guard

He is sure of how he wants it. 
God is sure of how he wants HIS story.

He has it all working for HIS divine plan. 

I am broken. I am a broken sinner that deserves hell. Yet, He came for me. He bleed for me. I am washed in His blood covered and protected from the wrath of God because I know HIS truth. I accept it. I want it. He gave and continues to give me that drive. Through glorifying His Father I am cleansed.

I am HIS. 

I have been REDEEMED!

No comments: