Thursday, March 25, 2010

Pumped Up

There are just certain things that you need in life, and for me I have realized that going to Christian concerts is a way to really rejuvenate the spirit. Our pastor is a great man of God, and he has really been convicting our lives. With Reson being the Youth Pastor, we get pretty busy in our house, and being able to get away and spend a couple of hours having someone else lead the worship gives us a nice break for us.
As you can see from the post below, Reson and I attended the Adie and Jeremy Camp Concert. It was a wonderful time of worship and convicting to really seek out God's will for our lives. With this conviction has come great frustration for me. I want to be living a life for God, but I have to deal with that not everyone seeks this in their live. The sad thing is that many Christians don't seek this, and we are having to discern those that are seeking God's will for their lives. Why the need of discernment? Because Reson and I are trying to surround ourselves with like minded souls, and this has proven to be challenge at times.
We are blessed to have found some, however those that wish were that way, simply aren't. As we read daily our Bibles, Christian blogs, it is evident that this world is not helping Christians desire the will of God.
I am reminded of a Caedmon's Call song, "This World"

There's tarnish on the golden rule
And I wanna jump from this ship of fools
Show me a place where hope is young
And a people who aren't afraid to love

This world has nothing for me and this world has everything
All that I could want and nothing that I need

This world is making me drunk on the spirits of fear.
So when he says who will go, I am nowhere near.

And the least of these look like criminals to me
So I leave Christ on the street

This world has held my hand and has led me into intolerance
But now I'm waking up, but now I'm breaking up
But now I'm making up for lost time

We are raising our boys to love God and to only want his will for their lives. It has pumped us to really seek the will of God. Here is a cute little moment Logan and I had this morning. I decided that I want to reread "The Knowledge of the Holy" by A.W. Tozer, and this happened... Logan grabbed the book and gave this beautiful smile.
Good times!

No comments: