Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Christmas Preparation

It is here. The Christmas festivities begin, and you begin to wonder why you don't feel all light and fluffy inside because of it. We decorated the house and our tree yesterday. So, it should have been a wonderful day, right? No, it wasn't. In fact, it was a rare day that Reson was having a "bad" day. It is so like Satan to do that.

So, needless to say, yesterday did not go as planned, however Luk has a great way of reminding us of how wonderful our life really is even when your planned day goes all over the place (which confuses my organized self). This is the first year that I have ever had a star as a the tree topper. I am used to this wonderfully plain angel that my mom has had for years. I love it. So, it was not easy for me to give that spot up. However, Luk said," The star tells us that Jesus is here!" He's right, isn't? Jesus is the whole purpose for our celebration of Christmas, and he wanted to make that clear.


Luk also picked out this ornament.
I'm thinking his decision in this ornament is 1) Daddy is the Youth Pastor. 2) We go there all the time. 3) It represents where he learns more about God. These are all things he mentioned while I asked him about this choice. What I love about my son is that he knows the truth behind Christmas, but he still knows how to have fun with the spirit of Santa Claus.
If you ask him, he will say: 1) Santa is dead. He fell off a roof. (per "The Santa Clause") 2) He is pretend. 3) He is St. Nick, a real man that gave gifts to orphans. It has been fun hearing his explanations for this Santa guy.

We had fun with out house decorations, here they are so that you may enjoy them:







Why no Santa? Well, we wanted Luk to appreciate the real reason behind Christmas. He has been taught about Saint Nicholas, and that he was a man that gave to children in orphanages. He knows that through that parents give to their children, however for us Christians there is more to that story. We honor the coming of our Savior. We remember the prophecies being fulfilled. So, he gets gifts as a remembrance of Christ birth. May I also say that this reduces the amount of gifts we have to buy, too. Which is very nice! So... I leave with this:

No comments: