Thursday, November 11, 2010

Faith in Take Everything

Yes, it is obvious. God is in Control. Yes, but for someone that likes to plan everything and dot the "i" and cross the "t" this is testing the faith for me. The fact that Reson and I are the promoters for the Take Everything concert with Seventh Day Slumber, Manafest, and The Letter Black is a bit intimidating.

There are a few things to consider in this, really.
1) Getting everything the band is asking for, making sure they are happy with where you have them for the evening, and that they want to come back
2) God makes it known clearly that this is what you are to do, but everything is not going the way you thought.
3) You want to show God's glory through this, and you can't see the whole picture yet.

Caleb Chapman says it best; when you are going through things in life you are so close to the painting you can't make a thing out, but as life and time goes on you are stepping back seeing more of the picture. That's how it has been for Reson and I with this event planning.

Yes, this is event was/is taking all the proceeds made and going towards a Foreign Missions trip in 2012, but the bigger picture here is that Joseph Rojas has a story to tell of God's deliverance and mercy. There will be lives touched if not changed completely by what is going to coming to Wauchula November 20. The song "Take Everything" is so solid. It is so passionate. Take a look at the lyrics:

Another melody
Another empty song
I tell myself that
I have praised you
And try and make believe
This is all you want
But once again
I know I’ve missed it
Praising you is not just the songs I sing
Jesus here I am
Take everything

Chorus:
Take the pain inside
Take the brokenness
Don’t stop til there’s nothing left
My arrogance
My pride
The loss of innocence
Jesus, take everything

Bridge:
There’s nothing left I need
That’s when I feel alive
Holy Spirit fall
Fresh upon me
You can have it all


Wow, complete surrendering to God. That is what this event is about. As I fight my anxiety this morning for my list of things of perfecting this event. God is looking at me saying, "Seek me. I have it all. I have an inner peace that this is going to be perfect for the way God has it planned. I know it. I feel it. The anxiety is more out of nervous excitement to what God has in store for this. I am trying to prepare for it, but I'm not sure that my human capacity can comprehend it all. I'm too close to the painting. I can't wait. This is really going to show the glory of God more than I can imagine. Why do a concert to raise money? Why not a car wash, a bake sale, or even a yard sale? Because I have learned through this and through reading other mentors' blogs that it's not about the money. No, it's not. It's about the fact that God is going to be glorified more than what I could have done in those other things.

Our live is to glorify Him. What can we do to show His glory. For us in this season, it is bringing Seventh Day Slumber here.

You take a step of faith like this and God shows you some amazing things.
Even if only 10 people show up, where two or more are gathered in His name He will present. He will be glorified. We will be blessed by it.

I highly recommend seeing a video that we have posted on our website about Joseph Rojas and his story. www.echohistruth.com

No comments: