Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Reflection: Psalm Two & Three

Psalm 2 1 Why are the nations so angry?
      Why do they waste their time with futile plans?
 2 The kings of the earth prepare for battle;
      the rulers plot together
   against the Lord
      and against his anointed one.
 3 “Let us break their chains,” they cry,
      “and free ourselves from slavery to God.”
 4 But the one who rules in heaven laughs.
      The Lord scoffs at them.
 5 Then in anger he rebukes them,
      terrifying them with his fierce fury.
 6 For the Lord declares, “I have placed my chosen king on the throne
      in Jerusalem,[a] on my holy mountain.”
 7 The king proclaims the Lord’s decree:
   “The Lord said to me, ‘You are my son.[b]
      Today I have become your Father.[c]
 8 Only ask, and I will give you the nations as your inheritance,
      the whole earth as your possession.
 9 You will break[d] them with an iron rod
      and smash them like clay pots.’”
 10 Now then, you kings, act wisely!
      Be warned, you rulers of the earth!
 11 Serve the Lord with reverent fear,
      and rejoice with trembling.
 12 Submit to God’s royal son,[e] or he will become angry,
      and you will be destroyed in the midst of all your activities—
   for his anger flares up in an instant.
      But what joy for all who take refuge in him!

Psalm 3
A psalm of David, regarding the time David fled from his son Absalom.
 1 O Lord, I have so many enemies;
      so many are against me.
 2 So many are saying,
      “God will never rescue him!”
                         Interlude[a]
 3 But you, O Lord, are a shield around me;
      you are my glory, the one who holds my head high.
 4 I cried out to the Lord,
      and he answered me from his holy mountain.
                         Interlude
 5 I lay down and slept,
      yet I woke up in safety,
      for the Lord was watching over me.
 6 I am not afraid of ten thousand enemies
      who surround me on every side.
 7 Arise, O Lord!
      Rescue me, my God!
   Slap all my enemies in the face!
      Shatter the teeth of the wicked!
 8 Victory comes from you, O Lord.
      May you bless your people.
                         Interlude
The reflection of these two chapters is one that solidifies that I don't need tons of friends to feel accepted, if anything they will make me feel alienated because of my Christian walk. I will not be afraid to share my thoughts about what God has planned for me because is my protector. This is a very comforting thought as the world begins to crumble in sin. These chapters are the reassurance we need when this is happening. We should not waste our plans on things that are not going to show God's glory. When I type that sentence it makes me think about the recent research I did to buy Luk/Logan's school curriculum.
Reson was worried about me because I was nonstop planning what I was going to get for their schooling. It is a stressful idea knowing that their education is in my hands. I read night after night into the wee hours of the morning about all different subjects, curriculum, standards... and I wasn't resting for peacefully. All I could think about was the Convention, and hoping that God would show us clearly what we were to buy. We there only the first day, and God made it VERY clear what we were to buy. I feel confident that I did not waste time in planning because we are building our boys to be men of God. This was more than just "school," but a decision that would build our boys in our Heavenly Father's image.

God is indeed my shield, I will fear him for He knows what is best for me through His will.

No comments: